Expert Tree Provides a Variety of Plant Health Care Services
Our Plant Health Care services are designed to help you sustain the health and longevity of your trees.
We provide a variety of services and treatments to protect the health of your plants.
Emerald Ash Borer
Two Lined Chestnut Borer
Bronze Birch Borer
Pine Bark Beetle
Treating fungal conditions
Insect infestation, including Japanese Beetles
Deep root fertilization
Treatment for Vascular Wilt Diseases
Plant Growth Regulators
Whether it’s about keeping a tree healthy, trying to improve the beauty of your landscape of fending off another invasion of exotic pests. Expert Tree Service and Science is here to help find the solutions that best fit you and your trees.
We work throughout the eastern Twin Cities, Western Wisconsin, Menomonie, Eau Claire and the Chippewa Valley.
Contact us today, and we’ll stop over, evaluate your needs and provide you with a no-obligation estimate.
Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) affects Ash trees and will kill the tree in left untreated. Treatments are done every other year with direct trunk injections.
Two Lined Chestnut Borer affects oak trees in our area and can eventually kill whole trees if left untreated. Treatments will vary depending on the level of infestation.
Bronze Birch Borer affects Birch trees and can easily be treated with a couple of option types depending on the level of infestation.
Pine Bark Beetle affects a variety of pines and will kill whole trees if left untreated. Treatment types can include trunk injections and removal of heavily infested trees.
treating fungal conditions
Fungal Foliar Diseases affect a wide variety of tree species through out our landscape. Fungal pathogens are unique to each specific tree and with proper diagnosis should be treated with each season to help ensure the health, beauty and vitality.
- Apple Scab affects Crabapple trees and can be easily treated with 2 early spring spray applications.
- Rhizosphaera Needle Cast affects mostly Colorado Blue Spruce and White Spruce. Mid to late spring suppression sprays are recommended to be done annually to help limit the spread.
- Diplodia Shoot Blight affects a variety of Pine trees like Red and Austrian Pine as Scots and Jack Pine. Mid to late suppression sprays are recommended to be done annually to help limit the spread to new growth.
Japanese Beetles are a destructive mid-summer pest that we have all come to know.
Boring insects tunnel under the bark of a tree cutting off vascular flow eventually killing limbs and whole trees.
Treatment and control methods are constantly evolving. Our mission is to be environmentally conscious while providing excellent control.
treatment for vascular wilt diseases
Vascular Wilt Diseases for Oaks and Elms is a continuing serious issue for our most prized canopy trees.
To help avoid high removal costs we are dedicated to positively identifying each case and making sure the highest level of care is provided.
- Oak Wilt treatments are performed bi-annually. We sent out reminder letter to make sure treatments are not missed.
- Dutch Elm Disease treatments are also done-bi-annually. We provide reminder letters to help ensure continued protection of your trees.
Plant Growth Regulators
There is growing scientific evidence about the benefits of Plant Growth Regulators (PGR treatments)
PGR reduces canopy growth over a 3 year period, This redirects some of the tree’s energy from canopy growth into better natural defense chemicals and fibrous root development. This results in a healthier and heartier tree. Other benefits include:
- Promotes fine root development.
- Slows the growth of crown development and pruning frequency.
- Aids in drought conditions.
- Reduces pre and post construction damage.
- Excellent follow up treatment for stress issues related to boring insects.
- PGR is also used during root zone restoration projects due to soil compaction, root pruning and drainage problems.